Every dream has a small beginning!
Congratulations on launching your first Tendenci website! The Team Kinect with Tendenci is here to assist in bringing your vision to life. This is a resource place to learn how to navigate through your site, add content, and grow your organization with ease!
This system-generated page along with many others was designed to support you and your site administrators with helpful tips throughout the Tendenci modules. Each system-generated page is set to private and is not included in the RSS feed, so there is no need to worry about such pages being public.
Use Tendenci - The Open Source AMS help files for the tips and tricks of every module and technical questions you might have. Don't forget to follow us on social media platforms for Tendenci news and updates and of course, we appreciate the mutual support! And if you haven't already, please subscribe to our "once in a while" newsletter, haha!
- Tendenci on Twitter
- Tendenci on Facebook
- Tendenci on YouTube
- Tendenci on Instagram
- Tendenci on GitHub
- Tendenci on LinkedIn
- Kinect LLC on LinkedIn
REMINDER: To edit and work on the site, you will need to have proper permissions. Therefore, please ensure that you are logged in to access all that the site has to offer.
An Introduction to Your Administrator Menu
After you login, the administrator menu aka Tendenci menu is where most of the software modules and settings are accessible.
Thank you for becoming a part of the Tendenci Family!
To kickstart your experience with your new Open Source Tendenci website, we have put together a collection of incredibly useful links. These resources will help you familiarize yourself with your new site and its functionalities. If you encounter any instances where the help files require updates, please feel free to reach out to our support team for assistance.
- Website Overview
- Importing Users (General User Database or into User Groups):
- User Groups:
- What are user groups used for in Tendenci?
- Multi-Chapter Global Associations and NGOs - Entities, pointers and groups explained
- How Do I Add a New User Group?
- How to Add Yourself and Members to Groups
- Delete a Group
- How to create a form to subscribe Users to 'Groups'
- Create custom landing page for groups and admin dashboard
- How Do I Email a Group?
- Membership Management Software Questions
- Importing and Exporting Members
- Intro to Memberships - Managing Association Individual and Group Members
Step 1: Add and Manage Membership Types
Step 2: Create and Customize Membership Applications
Step 3: How Do I Import Members on my Tendenci Website?
- How to Manage Your Member Profiles and Keep Them Up to Date
- News & Articles
- Rich Media
- Images :
- Online Payments
(Tendenci will assist in this process as needed!)
- Create, Search and View Invoices Online with Tendenci
- Payment and Customer Journey with Stripe
- Setting Up Online Payment Processor and Merchant Provider on a Tendenci Site
- Create and Manage Discount Codes
- Recurring Payments Help Files
- How Does the Recurring Payments Module Work?
- How to Delete or set Inactive a Recurring Payment Account
(Requires integrating with mail-sending service using SMTP protocol - Tendenci will assist in this process as needed!)
- Client Outreach
Website Best Practices!
Maintaining the health of your Tendenci site is of utmost importance. No one enjoys slow websites, especially those caused by large images. A robust website ensures an excellent user experience, a high search engine ranking, and a positive reputation with your clients and community.
At Tendenci, we firmly believe that Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a collective responsibility. This entails adhering to the best SEO practices and consistently optimizing your site – these actions should be at the core of your strategy. It's crucial to ensure that your administrators collaborate effectively as a team to keep your website content current. This collaborative effort is essential for achieving a strong ranking on the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs).
The most exciting aspect is that SEO is seamlessly integrated into the Tendenci code, granting you access to a full suite of tools for optimization.
- Healthy Images are so important! Above in resources under "Rich Media" you will find the help files you need for best practices when adding images to your Tendenci site.
In addition, here are some crucial quick tips.
a. Make sure you resize your images! It's best to resize images before uploading them to your website to ensure optimal image quality. 1200 pixels or less, with a file size of 500 KB or less. Adjust the resolution to approximately 72 pixels/inch.
b. The image banner size in Tendenci AMS can vary depending on the specific design and layout of your website, but a common banner size is 1200 pixels wide by 300 pixels tall. This is a popular banner size because it provides enough width to display the banner image prominently, while still maintaining a reasonable height that doesn't take up too much space on the webpage.
- Learn more about Search Engine Optimization (SEO) from many experts in the community including our Tendenci SEO help files. In our YouTube channel we have created two playlists, so go and check them out!
SEO Google Products Best Tutorial Guides
If your association or nonprofit organization is looking to invest in an SEO team, we recommend our friends from White Hat Ops.
Marketing Tips from Founder Ed Schipul
Founder of Tendenci and creator of Schipul Technologies Ed Schipul is a well-known entrepreneur, speaker, and author who is best known for his work in the field of digital marketing.
What better way than to share some of his marketing tips!
- Focus on your customers: According to Schipul, the key to successful marketing is to focus on your customers and understand their needs. This involves conducting market research, analyzing customer feedback, and using this information to create targeted marketing campaigns that resonate with your target audience.
- Embrace digital marketing: Schipul is a big advocate of digital marketing and believes that businesses that don't embrace this approach will be left behind. He recommends that businesses invest in SEO, social media, and email marketing to reach their target audience online.
- Measure your results: Schipul stresses the importance of measuring your marketing efforts to determine what's working and what's not. This involves tracking key metrics such as website traffic, conversion rates, and customer engagement to gauge the effectiveness of your campaigns.
- Be authentic: According to Schipul, authenticity is key to building trust with your customers. He recommends that businesses be transparent in their marketing efforts, and avoid making false claims or using deceptive tactics.
- Stay agile: Schipul believes that successful marketing requires a willingness to experiment and adapt to changing market conditions. He recommends that businesses stay agile and be open to trying new marketing strategies and tactics to stay ahead of the competition.
Years may pass but the fundamentals haven't changed. So check out some of his insightful articles, including:
- As Printed in B2B Marketing Trends - How Much Is a Qualified, Interested Lead Worth to You? | Ed Schipul
- Web Marketing Fundamentals Increase Sales Lead Generation
- Your Web Site Needs a Strong Marketing Headline
- Your Service or Product is the “Hero” of Your Web Site
- Your Web Site Needs a Clear Call to Action
- Why Your Web Site Needs Consistent Branding
- Your Web Site Needs to “Ask for the Business”
- Embracing the outlaws of your Web site: How to grow and love your One Percenters
Leverage SQL Explorer!
SQL Explorer is a built-in tool in Tendenci AMS that allows administrators to run SQL queries directly against the Tendenci database. With SQL Explorer, you can view and modify data in your Tendenci database, and generate custom reports that aren't available through the standard Tendenci reporting tools!
Example of how to get there: https://yourwebsite.com/explorer
For more, check out our SQL Explorer help files.
Feel Free to Reach out to Tendenci AMSIf you have any questions or encounter a problem, feel free to reach out. You can also post your issues on GitHub for local open-source developers to review!