Alternatives to Tendenci AMS - Association Management Software
No other AMS/MMS Systems for Associations and Non-profits Have Immediate Full Database Access and Data Downloads like Tendenci Does.
In the spirit of the Capterra blog post on the top free MMS/AMS systems, we thought we should join in with Wild Apricot, ITQlick and openly support each other.
- Security. We believe strongly in security and open code for review. For us, it's a deal-breaker. Tendenci is nearly 25 years old - so we feel solid in our beliefs.
- Access. We believe that you own your association's data and have every right to ALL of it! Demand access to your data and to your code! Maybe even host your AMS yourself.
- Global. It's a big world out there so we think internationally. Can your AMS scale to the level, and in all the languages that you will need? If not, why?
Yes, we are big believers in Open Source. Just like the US Government's OpenGov initiative. Here are a few AMS / MMS systems that you can compare Tendenci with.
Alternatives to Tendenci - The Open Source AMS
Open Source alternatives to Tendenci - With Modifications
- CiviCRM - a Drupal Based Open Source Constituent Management System
- Drupal Open Source CMS - an open-source PHP-based solution for large websites.
- Joomla - another open-source PHP based solution for CMS
Proprietary / Closed Source alternatives to Tendenci
Please note that some have free "trials", but no source code access. And we are not aware of any other AMS/MMS systems for associations and non-profits that have immediate full database access and download as Tendenci does.
The lists below are software for Associations and NPOs gathered from search, rating sites, and attending NTEN.
- Member Planet
- ACGI Software
- Wild Apricot
- Star Chapter
The sites listed below are a round-up of other AMS products as listed on Capterra.
- TCS Software
- ESX Inc
- Brilliant Directory
- TOPS Professional
- I4a - AMS
- Jama Software
- Soft Sys Hosting
- Protech Associates
- Nimble AMS
- Blue Tahiti
- Altai Systems
- Association Server
- ATG Online
- Cobalt Solutions
- Matrix Group
- Noah AMS
- X-CD Technologies
- Cvent Event Management
If you are curious about the technical definition of "Free and Open Source" as it applies to all software, not just multi-lingual Association Management Systems, FOSS is defined on Wikipedia as:
"Free and open-source software (FOSS) is a software that can be classified as both free software and open-source software.[a] That is, anyone is freely licensed to use, copy, study, and change the software in any way, and the source code is openly shared so that people are encouraged to voluntarily improve the design of the software. This is in contrast to proprietary software, where the software is under restrictive copyright and the source code is usually hidden from the users."
Some FAQs we'd like to address:
- Will our site have the functionality that we need to properly manage our multi-chapter organization securely? YES! Tendenci has always supported chapters, but now has an even more cost-effective solution
- How involved is Tendenci in helping manage our site? As much or as little as you need us to be! Tendenci does offer many support options, which range from a plethora of free resources to support contracts. Check out our Support page for more details!
- Do you offer training? How will Board transitions be handled? We include training as part of our onboarding process, at no additional cost to you then or during the first month of your newly hosted site. We also offer free one-hour training sessions for transitioning groups of Board members and/or site administrators. You mean a lot to us as clients, and we certainly won't leave you in the dark!
- How secure is your platform? The most secure global AMS there is! With active and passive security measures, we take your organization's privacy and security very seriously. Security is the lifeblood of our Open Source software and why it's withstood many tests over the years.
*** At the time we are writing this page Tendenci, as far as we know, is the only actual FOSS option that we can find besides CiviCRM on Drupal. If you know of a truly "free and open-source software" product that meets the needs of large associations (over 100k people minimum seems like a fair baseline), let us know so we can add you! In the meantime, learn about why join Tendenci - The Open Source AMS
We Want to Fully Support Your Organizations Success in the Online World
Your Software. Your Data. Your Choice.
Give us a Call at (281)497-6567