Subscribe a User to a Group, like Newsletters
One use is Newsletters. You can send Newsletters to users who subscribe using your Newsletter form. You can also create special interest groups in order to make your newsletters more targeted.
Here's a simple Newsletter Sign up form. The form asks for the user's name, email, and phone number. In the 5th form field, follow the instruction below to subscribe the user to a specified group:
1. Create a Form Field
2. For Type, select Checkbox
3. Under Special Functionality, select "Subscribe to Group (Automatic)"
4. Keep the Required checkbox selected
5. Remove the check next to Visible
6. Under Choices type the name of the Group you would like the user to be subscribed to, in this case, Newsletter. (In other uses: maybe you're conducting a survey and want to be able to follow up with the Group of people who answered. You can create a Group and add them this way as well.)
7. By making the Default "Yes," anyone who fills out this form will be automatically subscribed to the Group.
If you need help on creating a form, check out this help file: How do I Build A Custom Form On My Tendenci Website?
Still Looking for an Answer on Tendenci's?
Request a Help File we'll retrieve your answer right away
We are always looking for ways to simplify your life.
Contact us today with more ideas!
Join the Open-Source Community! Give us a Call at (281)497-6567
We want to help your organization succeed on the web.