All Tendenci Websites come with default site settings built in.
We want to make sure these settings are updated to match your organization!
This helpfile will go through some of the main site settings, explain them, and help you update them.
To access your site settings:
1. Click on your profile then on "Site Settings"
Or just navigate to YOURURL/settings/site/global/ (example: For our website we would go to tendenci.com/settings/site/global/)
*Note: if you do not have access to view site settings you will need your access to your site updated to "Super User" Status
Changing your Site Settings
Your will see a whole bunch of site settings on the page, we'll go through the one's you want to make sure to update.
1. Contact Information for your organization
2. Geographical location of your organization and Time Zone
3. Primary Key Words
1. Contact information for your organization
Please find and update the following with your organizations information
- Phone Number
- Admin Notice Recepient (This is an email address that will receive notice on all site activity)
- Contact Name and Email (This is the email address that will show up in the reply on contact forms. Typically you'll want your President, Director, or your organizations name and email in these fields)
- Phone Number
- Webmaster Name and Email (Who is the technical contact for the website at your organization?)
- Primary Keywords (This is typically the name of your organization)
- Secondary Keywords (Words that people generally use to search for you online)
3. Geographical Location and TimeZone
- Update geographical location and timezone to match that of your headquarters or the location where most of your organizational activities take place.
There are a lot of other settings in global site settings which your Tendenci Project manager will help your configure as you move forward!