Many organizations grow frustrated that their website never seems to be included among the top listings on Google or Yahoo. To help organizations move up the search engine listings, an entire industry has emerged, full of specialists who stay on top of changes made to the arcane inner workings of search engine algorithms. However, this takes time, and they may be tempted to use some of the trickery that is tainting the search engine marketing field.
One alternative that can immediately show results is search engine advertising.
Studies have shown that being on the first page of a listing is critical to success – whether someone sponsors the listing or you get there by merit seems not to matter. In fact, according to the Interactive Advertising Bureau, sponsored keywords and search terms actually generate more clicks than non sponsored listings.
Top articles by Ed Schipul:
- Web Marketing Fundamentals Increase Sales Lead Generation
- Your Web Site Needs a Strong Marketing Headline
- Your Service or Product is the “Hero” of Your Web Site
- Your Web Site Needs a Clear Call to Action
- Why Your Web Site Needs Consistent Branding
- Your Web Site Needs to “Ask for the Business"