Your association's Web site is a great place for members of your organization to gather knowledge, stay up-to-date on your networking events and download the latest presentations. But have you considered really putting your association's site to work for you?
Here are a few great ways that associations just like yours are able to generate revenue through their Web site:
- Membership fees – Organizations can increase membership and generate profit from their event online registrations and having a healthy organization.
- Job listings – Job boards are a proven moneymaker, with association Web sites like www.spegcs.org and www.prsahouston.org benefiting financially. This is a valuable service to provide your members as it helps connect companies to good people and brings in extra dollars to grow your organization.
- Business Directories – Tendenci's business directory module is another proven money maker. Some organizations choose to offer this as a member privilege, while others open the directory up to any and all interested businesses. Either way, it's a valuable component of your association's Web site.
- Newsletter sponsorships – Newsletter and email sponsorship opportunities, for the right vertical market, can produce great results!
- Courses – Association Web sites like www.pharmacytechnician.org charge for continuing education through Tendenci with great success. Their pricing model is to charge per course or free with a membership, which also drives membership.
- New lead generation – People being found on Tendenci sites typically renew their membership in that organization. This isn't able to be directly traced back to Tendenci like Membership Fees, but overall a healthy organization brings in more members and makes a profit.
- Banner Ads – Banner ad click-through rates are rapidly decreasing, but it *is* a valid way to get brand impressions and does drive some traffic while providing revenue to the organization. www.spegcs.org is a good example of this.