Tendenci Offers Free Report to Help Answer the Question "Is It Time to Update Your Website?"
Is It Time to Upgrade Your Website?
Your website is your brand's representation on the web. 58% of consumers do a search on the web before making a purchase and 70% of B2B buyers start the buying process with a search - what do your customers see when they find you? Most orgnizations put off redesigning their website longer than they should.
We are offering a free report that will give you a timeline for when you should reasonably be researching new CMS platforms.
Just answer a few quick questions and we'll send you our best in practice recommendations for when to upgrade along with some actionable and free tips, tools, and to-do's that you can do right away with your current platform to rejuvenate your website and start seeing improvements right away!
If you are interested in a quote for what it would cost to update to the latest version of Tendenci, we've added a checkbox for you on our Is It Time to Upgrade questionnaire and if you say yes, we'll include pricing details.
Example before and after website redesign:
Check out the website at ymcacampcullen.org
10 Key Indicators It Is Time to Update Your Web Site
If your website is demonstrating any of these issues, then it's probably time for you to consider updating your CMS software and redesigning your website:
- It's been more than 5 years since you updated your website
- Your competitors' and partners' websites have features you wish your website had
- You organization offers new products and services not promoted on your website or your website promotes products and services that your organization doesn't offer anymore
- Your website has seen a noticeable drop in traffic from search engines and new visitors
- Your website looks like it was designed in the 1990's, (or worse - your website was designed in the 1990's)
- You have a new logo and brand that isn't reflected on your website
- It's no longer just your site visitors complaining about finding content on your website, now you're having trouble too
- Your website only looks right in one web browser or doesn't display on mobile devices
- Simple content updates to your website require calling a web programmer
- Your website doesn't integrate and share content with social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Google + and LinkedIn
The Redesign Process
Below are screenshots of Schipul - The Web Marketing Company's website redesign before and after. The new website design features a complex homepage that dynamically pulls in content from a variety of other locations including the Schipul and SEM blogs, social media networks, and internal pages including Staff bios and case studies. The rotator on the homepage is much larger and features beautiful, rich media and images.
|Previous Website:||Schipul.com Homepage Today:|
Find out if Is It Time to Migrate and get free tips to increase your web marketing efforts today!
What’s Involved in Upgrading from Tendenci 4.0 to Tendenci 5.0?
The newest version of Tendenci (Tendenci 5.0) is a rebuild of Tendenci from the ground up using the latest and most scalable new technologies. Tendenci 5.0 includes more features and ability to customize based on each organization's needs. We recommend that all of our clients on Tendenci 4.0 begin planning the upgrade to the latest version of your website software as soon as possible.
The migration and CMS upgrade has a fairly large cost associated with it, particularly if your organization has a large amount of content, users and members, or files and images on your current website. Migrating your content requires anywhere from a dozen to 50 or 60 hours from someone in programming because the technologies have changed so much between the 2 different versions.
The migration is just one part of the process – there is also the design and theme development for your new site plus any potential customizations. Your staff will need training on the new software and you will need to dedicate time to add new content manually before your new site is ready to launch.
Here is a breakdown of what's involved in the upgrade and migration:
- Redesign of homepage and internal page layout and graphics
- Theme development to integrate your redesign with your website’s software to dynamically pull in content and make updates easier
- Architecture change to determine relevant primary and sub-menu items for navigation, you’ve built a lot of pages and articles – how will that be made accessible on the new site?
- SEO research and new keywords, SEO optimization site-wide on new site
- Migration of content from previous website
- Migration of members, corporate members, admins, and registered users plus setting up new login and passwords in the software
- Migration of email newsletter subscriber list
- New email newsletter template
- Potential for custom programming and modifications specific to your online marketing needs
Questions? We'd love to hear from you so please contact us with questions!