Tendenci for Universities and Educational Organizations
Tendenci is a powerful tool that can help educational institutions showcase the great work they are doing offline on the web.
The Tendenci software makes it simple to offer public facing content to attract new students and faculty as well as secure and private content for your staff, students, and family. The modules within Tendenci allow large institutions to maintain and categorize their vast libraries of content - and make that content accessible to a wide online audience.
What Makes a Successful Education Website?
Keep these things in mind to make a successful Education Website:
- Photos & Video - Show off your programs by telling the stories of the real people you've impacted through rich media. Use your photos and videos!
- Logical Site Structure - Education Websites tend to have a lot of content: class schedules, archives of lessons, and documentation for each program. Make your content easy to search for and find with a clear navigation that makes sense to your end user.
- Calls to Action! - What is the goal of your website? Whether you are looking for enrollments, donations, or volunteers - make it easy for your visitors to take the action you want on your site!
- Show Off Your Expertise with Frequent Content Updates - The best way to establish your organization as an expert is to continually add new content. Add News Stories, Articles, Videos, Classroom Lesson Plans, Photos, etc. frequently using a Content Management System and showcase new content on your homepage to keep visitors coming back for more!
- Third Party Validation - Many of our Education Clients are part of larger organizations or have certifications from national or international groups. Include applicable logos or awards to your website template to add validity to your brand.
- Open Source Platform - Educational institutions are choosing Open Source software because of the accessibility and portability of the code. Tendenci is built on Python and Django, with a PostgreSQL database and was released with a GPL3 Open source license in 2012.
Hear from Our Education Users
Rice University's James A. Baker III Institute for Public Policy
The James A. Baker III Institute for Public Policy is a non-partisan public policy think tank dedicated to engaging and educating the next generation.
“What Schipul and Tendenci were able to offer was something that really seems to be a cut above in terms of how we could manage the tremendous amounts of information in our site – encompassing the data and research and the work we’ve done over all these years.
Tendenci was able to help us create relationships between the researchers and their work and the events they do and the times they’ve been in the media – all those things are now interconnected.
So if you are interested in the economics of healthcare, you go to that program site and you’re instantly connected to all content related to that topic. The site features not just the program but all the work surrounding the program and the outcomes of that work.”
Chief Financial Officer for the Baker Instutute for Public Policy
More Educational Organizations Who Trust Tendenci: