When a visitor registers for an Event, how does Tendenci verify that they are indeed a member who should receive Member pricing?
Tendenci provides several options for how you would like to verify your member.
Anonymous Event Registration Setting
The Anonymous Event Registration setting determine how strict you will be with validating your membership. This is a setting located under the Events Module Settings.
The direct link is: http://yoursitedomain.com/settings/module/events/#id_anonymousregistration
There are 3 options for this setting: open, validated and strict. The default value for existing sites is validated.
- Open – Allows people registering for events to choose any price for themselves and their guests. (On the honor system)
- Validated – Allows people to see all prices when registering, and they do not have to be logged in as a Member to receive Member pricing. Tendenci checks the email address entered for each guest to verify that it matches a Membership record in the database. So visitors can register guests as a Member using the guest's email address.
- Strict – Allows people to see all prices when registering, requires the user to log-in to register for Member pricing. For guests, the system checks against the email address to make sure it matches an email address in the database to receive Member Pricing.
Event Registration Requires member ID for Member Pricing Setting
In addition to the setting above, there is another setting that you can add for a second level of security and require Members to enter their Member ID. This setting is labeled "Event Registration Requires member ID for Member Pricing" and is located under the Events Module Settings.
The direct link to this setting is:
- If this setting is turned on, the Member ID field shows up on the registration form and is required for Member Pricing. << Please note that this field does not check that the email address entered matches the Member ID - it just verifies that they enter something in the Member ID field.
- If this setting is turned off, the Member ID field does not show up on the registration form at all.