Want to make donations easier? Now you can with recurring payments on a custom donations form.
Follow these quick and easy steps to add your donations form today:
1. Make sure recurring payments is enabled - learn how to enable recurring payments here
2. Add a form - to add a form, under your admin menu select "Apps", then "Forms" (under "Content"). Then at the top right of the admin bar that says "Forms", under the dropdown menu select "Add a Form"
3. Here you will be able to customize your form with the following information:
- Title - a title of your choice you'd like to appear on the form page
- Introduction - this text will appear above the form fields; include a description or short introduction to the form.
- Confirmation text - this will appear on the site when an individual has filled out and submitted the form.
- Email - an individual will receive a "confirmation" text in email format in addition if the "Send email" box is checked. Make sure to add a valid no-reply address - this should be an individual with a verified email address, ideally the invidual(s) whose email address is listed as the no-reply in site settings. Add the no-reply email address, as well as other individuals who should receive form submissions to "send copies to".
- Group - appeal to a subset of individuals if you have your users and members organized into groups.
- Permissions - make a form available to the public, or select a narrower group of individuals to have access to the form (groups, for example).
- Payment - Make sure the "custom payments" box and "recurring payment" boxes are checked; for recurring payments/donations, only credit card payments are applicable.
Use stripe as the payment gateway or have an Authorize.Net account with CIM activated.
- Pricings - customize the pricing titles, and the amounts on each. Here, you can choose how often to bill (and how soon to bill, if not immediately, after each billing cycle). This area may be left to the default if you are creating a one-time payment option.
- Fields - the fun part! Customize fields the client will fill in with titles and text-type. Most of your fields will be type text only, but here you may also include email fields, as well as paragraph text with a maximum of 256 characters.
Join the Open-Source Community! Give us a Call at (281)497-6567
We want to help your organization succeed on the web.