Woof, what a year! Mindful of covid-19, it’s definitely difficult to feel the Christmas joy and the happy holidays with everything going on. This pandemic has sabotaged our plans and dreams, confidence, family gatherings, hugs and kisses and our most meaningful ways to connect. In truth, we are all hurting inside.
More than 286,000 Americans have lost their lives this year, and about 1.56M of the world’s people have died in 2020. More than 97,966 businesses have permanently shut down, thousands and thousands of workers have been laid off, fires in Brazil’s Amazon increased 13% in the first nine months, 49,149 wildfires have destroyed homes, catastrophic hurricanes have flooded cities, there has been a rise in domestic violence, and so forth..
So how do we wish everyone a happy holiday, a merry christmas and a happy new year? We’ve gathered a few inspirational quotes to help us through these tough times. Because we believe in hope and a better tomorrow.
- Socrates - "The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.”
- Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw - "Ultimately, the greatest lesson that COVID-19 can teach humanity is that we are all in this together."
- Greg Kincaid - “No matter how much falls on us, we keep plowing ahead. That’s the only way to keep the roads clear.”
- Arjun Agarwal - "Now is the time for us to look after the people who work for us. When a company steps up at a time like this, it builds loyalty, commitment, and long-lasting teams."
- Cinderella - "No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt - “To reach a port we must set sail – Sail, not tie at anchor. Sail, not drift.”
- Mother Teresa - “What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.”
- Aristotle - “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.”
- Mahatma Gandhi - “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
- Jesus Christ - “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” John 20:21
To our Tendenci Community and everyone in the world reading this - We wish you health, certainty, love, triumph and as much happiness as these uncertain times can allow. Wishing you safety and peace this holiday season. And together we look forward to a better and promising new year 2021.