Running a Job board can be not only a valuable service to your members, but also a money maker for your organization!
Several Tendenci clients are able to use the revenue from their Job Board to pay for their website, and make a profit on top of that, by charging businesses for Job postings. Even if you do not charge for listings, the Job Board is a great way to network with the community, add value to your membership program, and post internal openings within your association.
Benefits to your Members
- a listing of job openings within their industry
- options for immediate contact of potential employers
- ability to email the listing to a friend who is also looking, doubling views
Benefits to your Organization
- increase your member base by offering a valuable service
- increase visibility with companies who wish to post Jobs to the database
- turn the Job database into a revenue stream by charging for listings
Tips for a Successful and Profitable Job Board
- Go Niche – keep the focus of your job listings related to your organization or industry. If you are a professional association for nurses, then limit job postings to nursing positions solely, and make sure they are quality jobs that your members would want to apply for. If you are a nonprofit focused on helping cure cancer – then you may want to post jobs focused for cancer researchers, or perhaps create a niche job board where people who have family members with cancer can find a job with a company who understands the extra flex-time your members would need to support and care for their family member.
- Make your Job Board Selective – make job postings private to members only. By limiting the target market of potential applicants, you increase the opportunity for your members to find a job on your job board compared to the job postings on public sites like Monster and Linkedin who receive thousands of applications apiece.
- Incentivize Corporate Members and Community Partners - Offer a discount or free job postings to corporate members and partners in your community to encourage them to post jobs on your board and provide them with an additional benefit of corporate membership.
Managing Your Job Board
Managing Tendenci's Job Board is simple and fun once you know how to set up your Jobs Module. Here's a walkthrough Guide on the different settings and features included with your Tendenci website to help manage your association job board:
Read More About Tendenci's Career Management Tools
Read more about Tendenci's different tools for career management for Resumes, Training Courses, and Speaker directory.