Tendenci's Number One Value: Security
Keep in Touch with Tendenci
Storm and Weather Resources for Houston Hurricane Watch
Preparedness Kits and Packing Lists for Emergencies:
Helpful pages and tools on creating a hurricane preparedness plan. Including steps to take for evacuation or waiting it out and making a disaster supplies kit.
Protecting Your Home During a Hurricane:
- Hurricane clips to keep your windows / home safe: Most local stores (Home Depot) have ½” clips, or you can order ¾” clips from McFeely's too. Use these to easily install plywood to cover window openings without having to drill through bricks or window frames.
- Power restoration times for a hurricane by CenterPoint Energy. Unfortunately, your house is NOT their priority. Hospitals, water treatment plants and emergency services are first to have power restored, then business areas, followed by residential.
- FEMA - Apply for disaster assistance for you and your family
- Houston Red Cross - Find open shelters, food and water in the Houston area
- City of Houston - Updates on Ike and the city at large
- Governor's Emergency Management - Resources for Texas disaster recovery
- Houston electricity reports map
- Search for gas stations
- Houston SPCA - Get information on animal rescue
- State Bar of Texas - Legal resources