Before you can import a group of users into Tendenci, you must format your data into our existing data format.
Go to http://yourdomain.com/imports/users/upload/add/ (for self sign-up/trial users: http://yourdomain.tendenciapp.com/imports/users/upload/add/) to download the User Import Template. You can download either the XLS template or the CSV template
To prepare a .csv or .xls file:
- Open your data file in Excel
- Copy and paste the data that you will be importing into the Template CSV (linked from /imports/users/upload/add/)
- Leave the header or title rows in your spreadsheet.
- Remove all of the columns you don’t need – only keep columns you have information in
- Save as a .csv file or .xls file.
- Import the CSV or XLS to the website
- Update the settings
- Choose Interactive or noninteractive (for contacts who aren’t able to log in, they should be non interactive)
- Choose how to identify duplicates against current database (I would choose email)
- Choose a group to add the contacts to (if it is a new group, you must create the group first for it to show up in this list, you can’t add a group from here)
- Enter your authentication string and click “Preview Import”
Then use the User Import utility to import the file. See How to import users into Tendenci for more information.